When it comes to renovation, a significant change can happen with a fresh coat of paint. Whether you are looking to refresh your living space or give your office a new look, painting services at AFM for Abu Dhabi and Dubai can transform any environment based on requirements and specifications. From small touch-ups to large-scale projects, AFM offers a range of painting services in Abu Dhabi and Dubai to suit your needs.
How often you should consider repainting?
Based on our professional painting team, the frequency to consider repainting your home or property depends on a variety of factors. For instance, the type and quality of paint used, the climate and weather conditions in your area, and the amount of wear and tear that your property experiences. However, it is recommended to repaint your home or property every 5-10 years, or whenever the existing paint starts to show signs of wear, fading, or damage. Some high-quality paints may last longer than this, while cheaper or lower-quality paints may require more frequent repainting. If you live in Abu Dhabi or Dubai, you may need to repaint more often to keep your property looking its best and protect it from damage.
To determine when you should consider repainting your home is to monitor the condition of the existing paint and look for signs of damage. If you notice any damaging signs, it may be time to repaint or touch up your property to keep it looking its best.
How to fix and prevent paint streaks on walls?
AFM painting team strongly believes that painting streaks ruins the appearance of a fresh paint look. AFM suggest following these 5 main steps to prevent wall paint streak:
- Avoid Overloading: when you are painting your walls, it’s crucial to avoid overloading the brush or paint roller. Too much paint on the brush or roller can result in streaks on the wall. Consider loading up with just enough paint to cover the surface.
- Use Proper Techniques: When using a roller, roll in one direction, apply light pressure, and then backroll in the opposite direction without adding more paint.
- Use High-Quality Paints and Tools: Considering high-quality materials and equipment while painting your walls can make a big difference in the outcome of your paint.
- Apply Multiple Thin Coats: Rather than trying to apply one thick coat of paint, it’s better to apply multiple thin coats. This will help to avoid streaks and ensure even coverage.
- Fixing Paint Streaks: Paint streaks can be fixed by gently sanding the area with a fine-grit sandpaper. Then, apply a fresh coat of paint. After applying the paint, it should be tried completely before applying another layer.
Painting is a form of renovation into a unique and inspiring environment for your home. It includes various styles and techniques. By choosing the right colors and finishes, you can create a mood that suits your personality and lifestyle, whether that’s calming and serene or energizing and dynamic. If you’re looking to update your interior decor or exterior painting, AFM can handle it all. Call us and book your appointment.